Thank you for registering for MHEDA’s 2023 Convention in Nashville! We are looking forward to seeing you and providing you with a memorable and productive experience. Here are some things you should “Know Before You Go” to the MHEDA Convention!
We encourage all attendees to download the convention mobile app which gives you access to the event agenda, presentations, exhibitors and is a tool you can use to connect with fellow attendees and more! Search “MHEDA Events” in the App Store or Google Play Store or go to www.mheda.org/convapp.
What Should I Wear?
There are so many different events, meetings and local activities to enjoy at MHEDA’s Convention! Here is a list of suggested attire to help making packing a bit easier for you! Please note, you will receive a FREE authentic Nashville Cowboy hat on Sunday night at the Opening Party – so no need to pack a hat!
|Sunday, April 30|
|Golf Tournament||Golf attire, collared golf shirts, shorts, athletic attire/shoes|
|Bike Tour of Nashville||Comfortable athletic attire for bike riding|
|Exhibitor Set-Up||Comfortable attire, shorts, t-shirts, whatever you prefer|
|Opening Party at Brooklyn Bowl Nashville||Get ready to have some Nashville fun!! Suggested dress attire is country casual; jeans, flannel/checkered shirts, and “polo” shirts. As noted above, you will receive a Cowboy Hat as a special welcome gift at the Opening Party.
Important! All attendees must have their convention badge and a photo I.D. to enter Brooklyn Bowl for the opening party. Attendees that plan to bowl must have socks to wear while bowling.
|Monday, May 1|
|Convention Attendees||We have a full day of presentations, Exhibitor Showcase, Give Back event and Happy Hour. Suggested attire is business casual. Please remember: it’s warm outside, but often cool in hotel meeting rooms, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.|
|Grand Ole Opry & Lunch (Spouse/Guest Tour)||We have a fun day planned for you! Suggested attire is casual.|
|Tuesday, May 2|
|Convention Attendees||We have a full day of presentations and workshops planned. Suggested attire is business casual. Please remember: it’s warm outside, but often cool in hotel meeting rooms, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.|
|Goo Goo Candy Making Class & Lunch||Another fun activity. You will be making chocolate. Yum! Suggested attire is casual.|
|Everyone – Closing “Country Rock” Party||This event will be “resort casual.” This means dressier slacks, pant suits, skirts, dresses. You can also feel free to wear western themed attire. The band at the closing party is the house band that plays at the Kid Rock venue in Nashville.|
What do I do if I have dietary restrictions?
If you have a severe allergy or dietary restriction, please contact the MHEDA team as soon as possible with this information. We will do our best to accommodate requests. The sooner you can get us this information, the better. Please email email@example.com with your name and dietary restriction/allergy.
What is the Weather like in Nashville?
- Nashville late April/early May average high is 75/low is 55.
How far is the Airport from the Convention Hotel?
- Nashville International Airport is located approximately 9 miles away from the Grand Hyatt Nashville.
What if it’s my first Convention?
- Welcome!! We are looking forward to meeting you for the first time! To make your convention experience a bit easier, we planned a special welcome reception just for you on Sunday, April 30th at 4:30 pm. You will receive reception details from the MHEDA office. The Newcomers Reception gives you the chance to meet the MHEDA Board, Staff and hear a convention presentation. You will also enjoy drinks and the chance to meet others just like you!
What Should I Avoid Discussing?
MHEDA plays hard, but we also play by the rules. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the important information below.
- During informal or social discussions at the site of MHEDA meetings, when the meeting is not in session, all members and staff are expected to observe the same standards of conduct required by the guidelines at www.mheda.org/antitrust.
- We also provide an important “MHEDA Code of Conduct” to give all attendees a safe and inclusive environment. Be sure to read what is expected of you: https://www.mheda.org/code-of-conduct/
What if I am staying at a different hotel than the Convention hotel?
- No problem! Your convention registration still gives you access to all the meals, programs and parties. All transportation to tours, golf and Opening Party will depart from the Grand Hyatt Nashville. Please be sure to give yourself ample time to arrive at the Grand Hyatt Nashville so you can take the bus with fellow MHEDA Members.
Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MHEDA office at 847-680-3500.