MHEDA is the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association, a 501(c)6 non-profit trade association, dedicated to serving all segments of the material handling business community.
For over 65 years, MHEDA has provided material handling companies and their employees with business resources, leadership training, networking opportunities, benchmarking data, career development tools and insights on the latest industry trends.
Over 600 distributor, integrator and manufacturing companies across the world representing several thousand employees utilize our resources each day to help their business stay competitive and employees stay connected.
Give yourself a direct connection to the hottest trends, newest products, and a wealth of business resources for the material handling industry.Join Now
The material handling business environment is changing and evolving quickly. Stay in tune with what is happening with your industry and peers. The Business Trends are defined by 18 MHEDA Board Members from businesses across North America and address the current shifting state of the Material Handling industry. These Board Members meet three times a year to develop programming around current industry trends.Review 2023 Trends Now
- Quarterly Custom Economic Advisory Report, produced by ITR Economics provides clear, actionable information on current economic trends.
- Econ Chat Podcasts
- MHEDA-TV Videos on the Economy
- ITR’s News, Economic Blog Posts
MHEDA offers a variety of professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- In-Person Conferences – Learn from industry experts and network with your peers.
- Live and On-Demand Webinars – Gain industry knowledge and keep up with business trends.
- Member to Member (M2M) – Learn from fellow MHEDA Members on a variety of current topics.
- Learning Management System – Extensive online library of courses
Member to Member Opportunities and Programs
MHEDA has partnered with a number of Members who want to share their expertise on a variety of subject matters. It’s a great way to learn from your industry peers.
- Presentation of a M2M session is exclusively available for current MHEDA Members in good standing
- Sessions would include a 30-minute educationally focused presentation, followed by Q &A.
- M2M sessions will be presented via Zoom and MHEDA will organize and run the session.
Membership gives you exclusive access to real-world financial benchmarking data and economic forecasting reports. Each of these reports is customized for the Material Handling industry.
- Financial Benchmarking Report – MHEDA publishes an annual financial study: Distributor Statistical Comparison Report, aka the DSC Report. It focuses on the three profit drivers: growth, gross margin and expenses. Gain access to the following reports: Industrial Truck, Storage and Handling and Engineered Systems. Report participants also receive a spreadsheet where they can run different personalized scenarios.
- Employee Compensation Report – See how your company compares to others in the areas of: salaries, bonuses, perks, sales compensation plans, holiday pay and healthcare with this biennial distributor employee compensation report.
- Economic Advisory Report – This is an exclusive economic report ONLY available for MHEDA Members! Includes quarterly forecast data that provides clear, actionable information. Also available in summary form as an Econ Chat Podcast.
Do you have a new-hire and need help on-boarding them? As a Member you have access to a FREE On-Boarding template. This fully customizable Excel spreadsheet, a $2,500 value, is available to MHEDA members for their internal company use to assist in their efforts to get new hires on the right track.Download
Share Your Company News
MHEDA members have the opportunity to share their company news and MHEDA will share it with thousands of material handling professionals. It’s an easy way to stay up-to-date on the latest news about MHEDA members and the industry.Submit News
MHEDA gives you access to networking opportunities with the most well-respected professionals in the material handling industry. Raise your profile, generate business and increase your confidence when you participate in networking activities.
- MHEDA-NET – customized virtual networking program
- Annual Convention & Exhibitor Showcase
- Regional Networking Summits
- Women in Industry & Emerging Leaders Programs
Looking for business books on how to help your material handling business operate? MHEDA offers a number of books and reports covering a variety of crucial topics such as sales, management, customer satisfaction and more.Learn More
Hear material handling industry economic insight, trends and member perspectives when you listen to MHEDA podcasts. Learn what thought leaders in our industry have to say about improving business operations and staying relevant in a changing industry.Listen to Podcasts
Gain industry knowledge by watching videos on the latest industry trends, news, events, and MHEDA Updates.Watch Videos
Professional development is crucial for success. Learning gives you a new perspective, increased expertise and efficiency. Give your team a competitive edge with MHEDA’s training resources. Choose from career tracks and hundreds of affordable courses on a variety of topics including sales, customer service and communications.Learn More
Industry Career Video
This FREE video has been created by MHEDA & MHI for member companies to use on your own website. It is intended to help communicate to students and recent graduates the vast opportunities and career paths available in the Material Handling and Supply Chain industry. Video can also be customized with your logo for a small fee.Learn More
The MHEDA Journal
This quarterly magazine features industry related news, breaking news, and member information.Read Magazine
The MHEDA Connection is distributed via email to all MHEDA members on the 1st and 15th of each month. Read current and past issues here.Read More
MHEDA is actively involved with many associations with similar objectives.Learn More