Join MHEDA and your industry peers on Thursday, June 15th for a Regional Networking Summit, hosted by MHEDA Member Alta Material Handling. This interactive event is designed to help material handling professionals connect and learn. Enjoy roundtable discussions with industry peers, dynamic presentations, continental breakfast, catered lunch, tour of Alta Material Handling Innovation Center, raffle prizes, and endless networking opportunities.
This event will take place in the offices of MHEDA Member:
Alta Material Handling
230 Cherry St
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545-4054
(Approximately 35 miles from Boston Logan Airport)
Schedule at a Glance
- 9:00 am - 10:00 amRegistration & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am - 10:30 amWelcome + Introductions + Meet the Host Alta
- 10:30 am - 11:15 amFrom the Trenches: A Recruiter’s Perspective presented by Alex Chausovsky
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pmRoundtable Discussions
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmNetworking Luncheon
- 1:00 pm - 1:15 pmMaximize Your MHEDA Membership
- 1:15 pm - 2:00 pmHow to Build a Healthy Organization presented by Al Curnow
- 2:00 pm - 2:15 pmBreak
- 2:15 pm - 3:00 pmRoundtable Discussions
- 3:00 pm - 3:15 pmRaffle Drawing and Closing Comments
- 3:15 pm - 4:30 pmTour of Alta Innovation Center and Happy Hour
Thursday June 15
$149 per person – Early Bird Member Rate Available until June 2
$249 per person – Standard Member Rate Available after June 2
$299 per person – Non-Member Rate
Registration includes: continental breakfast, catered lunch, tour of Alta Material Handling Innovation Center, raffle prizes, and endless networking opportunities. Does not include travel or lodging.
Who Should Attend
• Material Handling Professionals
• Business Owners
• Human Resources Professionals
• Anyone interested in networking with fellow Material Handling Professionals
What Will You Learn?
From the Trenches: A Recruiter’s Perspective on Effective Methods to Attract and Hire Top Industry Talent
Presented by Alex Chausovsky, Vice President, Analytics & Consulting, Miller Resource Group
The war for talent rages on. Some organizations are ill-prepared to handle the challenges of an increasingly complex labor market, shackled by the “we’ve always done it this way” mentality. Others are thriving, armed with analytical insights and surrounded by allies, allowing them to snap up highly performing impact players and supercharge their growth. What kind of an organization are you? More importantly, what kind do you want to be in the future? This presentation will deliver key insights designed to help business leaders elevate their recruiting activities.
- Provide a current and insightful assessment of labor market conditions
- Identify the key elements that make an organization attractive to top talent
- Share best-in-class hiring strategies including metrics and practices
- Deliver practical and actionable advice on what businesses can do to become better at attracting and hiring workers
About the Speaker:
Alex Chausovsky is a highly experienced market researcher and analyst with more than twenty years of expertise across subjects including economics, industrial manufacturing, automation, and advanced technology trends. For the last two decades, he has consulted and advised companies throughout the US and Canada, Europe, South America, and Asia. He has delivered hundreds of keynote presentations and webinars to small businesses, trade associations, and Fortune 500 companies across a spectrum of industries. Alex is currently overseeing a suite of analytics products focused on talent for the Miller Resource Group. He is also consulting with companies to help them become better at attracting, hiring, and retaining the impact players in their industry.
Thriving in Uncertain Times – How to Build a Healthy Organization
Presented by Al Curnow, Vice President of CultureWise High Performing
These are challenging times. There are the uncertain economic conditions with inflation, high interest rates, and recent banking concerns. There is the continuing challenge to recruit and retain top talent. Then, there is the shifting shape of work as we attempt to navigate the pressures of remote and hybrid workforces. With all of this uncertainty, it’s never been more important to become incredibly intentional in making sure our culture (the foundation of everything we do) is rock solid- and healthy.
- Current conditions and challenges and their impact
- How and why a healthy culture can help us effectively navigate through these challenges and is foundational to everything we do (recruiting, performance, job satisfaction)
- A clear, step by step approach to designing and building an extraordinary and healthy culture.
About the Speaker
Al Curnow is the Vice President of CultureWise High Performing Culture (HPC). HPC helps organizations create, drive and maintain high performing cultures, with a proven system that’s straightforward, practical, and easy to use. He works with CEO’s of many diverse industries. Al is a skilled presenter and has spoken to numerous groups including General Motors, PACE, Chambers of Commerce, VISTAGE International and Athletic Interscholastic and Coaches groups. Prior to his consulting career, Al was a senior leader for more than 20 years in the employee benefits industry. Al received his Bachelor of Arts from The University of Rhode Island and completed graduate work in Business Administration at The University of Missouri in Kansas City.
Thank you Regional Networking Summit sponsors.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
123 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, Massachusetts, 01752
MHEDA discounted group rate is $169 per night and is available until May 23, 2023.
Spacious suites near family fun and sports. Hotel is off Route 20, across from Apex Entertainment and 10 minutes from New England Sports Center and Boston Scientific. Hologic, Quest Diagnostics, TJX, and Cytiva are within two miles. Fitness center features Peloton® Bikes with toe cages. Made-to-order breakfast, daily evening receptions, and a shuttle to local businesses are complimentary. Boston Logan International Airport is 34 miles from the hotel.
What Will You Discuss during the Roundtable Discussions?
Discuss the challenges and opportunities faced by Material Handling professionals and learn how others are managing the same issues.
What Do Members Say about Past Summits?
- “Loved the involvement, more than I expected.”
- “Great experience today overall.”
- “The networking and programming are always great with MHEDA.”
- “Great meeting, very informative.”
- “Truly like the one-day format-short and to the point.”
- “Enough time to network, content was excellent.”
- “Very well executed event with relevant information.”