Employee Strategies for Navigating Your Business
February 28, 2023Duration: 59:05
Membership is required to view this video
One of the biggest challenges faced by business owners today is attracting and retaining great people. During this entertaining and fast moving session, Gene touches on some of the most important employee related issues in your company including:
- How trends and regulations in minimum wage, paid time off, and overtime will impact your ability to find and motivate employees
- Key issues that need to be addressed in your employee handbook
- Innovative perks and benefits the big companies offer that you can too.
- The best places and tactics for finding employees and how to recruit them better than your competition.
- The newest and innovative cloud based technologies that are helping companies of all sizes recruit, manage, compensate and make them more attractive to work for.
- A deep dive into new workplace models that have emerged from the pandemic such as, “as it was,” “clubhouse,” “activity based working,” “hub and spoke,” and “fully virtual.”
Gene’s presentation will help business owners and managers to look ahead, with specific actions for growing and profiting based on the strategies of other business owners in their industry.
About the Speaker, Gene Marks
A past columnist for both The New York Times and The Washington Post, Gene now writes regularly for The Hill, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and The Guardian. He has written 5 books on business management, specifically geared towards small and medium sized companies. His most recent is Want More Cash?: 100+ Ideas And Strategies For Increasing Your Company’s Cash Flow This Year.
Nationally, Gene appears regularly on Fox Business, MSNBC, as well as CBS Eye on the World with John Batchelor and SiriusXM’s Wharton Business Channel where he talks about the financial, economic and technology issues that affect business leaders today.
Through his sessions, Gene helps business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies and—most importantly—the actions they can take to continue to grow and profit.
Gene owns and operates the Marks Group PC, a highly successful ten-person firm that provides technology and consulting services to small and medium sized businesses. Prior to starting the Marks Group PC Gene, a Certified Public Accountant, spent nine years in the entrepreneurial services arm of the international consulting firm KPMG in Philadelphia where he was a Senior Manager.