FREE Programs Exclusively for MHEDA Members!
We are living in uncertain times. Running a business, engaging your team and keeping up with new technology is challenging. MHEDA is offering members a NEW Webinar Series in 2023: “Navigating Your Business in Uncertain Times” to provide guidance and insights. Webinars will be presented by Gene Marks, CPA/Journalist.
Cash Flow Strategies (January 26)
Discuss the latest trends, technologies, best practices and strategies that smart business managers are implementing to manage their cash flow and build reserves to see them through to future growth.
Employee Strategies (February 23)
One of the biggest challenges faced by business owners today is attracting and retaining great people. Learn tactics for finding employees and review innovative perks and benefits the big companies offer that you can too.
Technology Strategies (March 9)
Take a forward look at up-and-coming technologies — e-commerce, cybersecurity, AI, automation, robotics, augmented reality — that will impact business over the next decade.
Registration for this series is available for no charge and exclusive to MHEDA Members. Register for one, two or all three of these programs. All webinars will take place from 11am – 12pm CT. Can’t make the time or date? Programs will be recorded and available on-demand.
Thursday, January 26, 11:00am-12:00pm CT
Cash Flow Strategies for Navigating Your Business
Managing cash flow continues to be one of the biggest issues small business owners face. Almost two thirds of small business owners are regularly stressed or have anxiety about cash flow concerns. In this economic downturn never has intelligent cash flow management been more important.
Gene Marks will discuss some of the latest trends, technologies, best practices and strategies that smart business managers in the Material Handling Industry are implementing to manage their cash flow and build reserves to see them through to future growth.
- Technologies and strategies to help you intelligently revisit and segment pricing, product lines and margins.
Compensation, recruitment and retainment strategies that will help keep your workforce motivated.
- The latest tactics for managing receivable payables and the most relevant financial metrics needed to navigate your business through a downturn. Also some thoughts on reducing your taxes before year end.
- The newest and innovative cloud based technologies that are helping companies of all sizes increase productivity and profits.
- Financing options and opportunities available from governments, nonprofits, private organizations and other lenders.
This presentation will help business owners & managers look ahead, making sure they are educated on critical issues affecting their industries.
Thursday, February 23, 11:00am-12:00pm CT
Employee Strategies for Navigating Your Business
One of the biggest challenges faced by business owners today is attracting and retaining great people. During this entertaining and fast moving session, Gene will touch on some of the most important employee related issues in your company including:
- How trends and regulations in minimum wage, paid time off, and overtime will impact your ability to find and motivate employees
- Key issues that need to be addressed in your employee handbook
- Innovative perks and benefits the big companies offer that you can too.
- The best places and tactics for finding employees and how to recruit them better than your competition.
- The newest and innovative cloud based technologies that are helping companies of all sizes recruit, manage, compensate and make them more attractive to work for.
- A deep dive into new workplace models that have emerged from the pandemic such as, “as it was,” “clubhouse,” “activity based working,” “hub and spoke,” and “fully virtual.”
Gene’s presentation will help business owners and managers to look ahead, with specific actions for growing and profiting based on the strategies of other business owners in their industry.
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Technology Strategies for Navigating Your Business
Mobile tech, office collaboration techs, customer relationship management, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, cyber-security…these are only a few of the major technology trends that are having a significant impact on how we do business, generate leads, sell and service our customers, both now and in the future.
Join Gene Marks for a review of the hottest technologies that smart business leaders are investing in today…and preparing their businesses for tomorrow. Gene will discuss how the most successful businesses in your industry are using these technologies to:
- Increase your sales
- Control your finances
- Expand your online presence
- Find/manage/compensate your people and
- Service your customers.
Gene will also take a forward look at up-and-coming technologies — e-commerce, cybersecurity, AI, automation, robotics, augmented reality — that will affect the Material Handling Industry over the next decade.
About the Speaker, Gene Marks
A past columnist for both The New York Times and The Washington Post, Gene now writes regularly for The Hill, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and The Guardian. He has written 5 books on business management, specifically geared towards small and medium sized companies. His most recent is Want More Cash?: 100+ Ideas And Strategies For Increasing Your Company’s Cash Flow This Year.
Nationally, Gene appears regularly on Fox Business, MSNBC, as well as CBS Eye on the World with John Batchelor and SiriusXM’s Wharton Business Channel where he talks about the financial, economic and technology issues that affect business leaders today.
Through his sessions, Gene helps business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies and—most importantly—the actions they can take to continue to grow and profit.
Gene owns and operates the Marks Group PC, a highly successful ten-person firm that provides technology and consulting services to small and medium sized businesses. Prior to starting the Marks Group PC Gene, a Certified Public Accountant, spent nine years in the entrepreneurial services arm of the international consulting firm KPMG in Philadelphia where he was a Senior Manager.