How does a firm ensure their compensation levels are remaining competitive? The results of this study provide the steps and resources for evaluating the competitiveness of your compensation levels and benefit offerings in attracting and retaining employees.
The results of this study can be used to answer key questions such as:
- Are you leading, matching, or falling below the market in terms of your compensation offerings?
- How are companies attracting and retaining employees?
- What are the top concerns/threats in your industry?
- Is your turnover rate comparable to what others are experiencing?
- How long does it take to fill an open position?
This Report answers these questions and more in helping companies evaluate their compensation practices versus their industry and market areas.
Benefits of Participation
The Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report provides participants with the ability to compare their results against all responding companies as well as several additional data aggregations—these include industry focus, annual sales volume, number of employees, business seasonality, geographic region, state, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), and other aggregates deemed important. Additionally, data will be reported at the overall company level as well as the distribution center level.
This is your opportunity to compare your operations to 1,000+ organizations from 20+ participating distributor/wholesaler associations!
Two Options for Completing the Survey
Access the Online Survey
- Go to https://compensationbenchmarking.com/MHEDA
- Enter your email and click on the “Continue” button.
- If you do not have an account, you will be directed to a registration page to create your free account.
- If you have an account, it will request that you enter your password.
If you don’t remember your password, click the link “Forgot Password?”
For questions regarding login, adding users and technical issues, contact Industry Insights’ Jenny Tweed at (614) 389-2100 ext. 112, or email@example.com
As a participant, you will receive the following:
The deadline for participation is April 10, 2020.
Importance of participating
Participation by industry members is the backbone of any survey-based research project. The more companies that participate, and the more data they provide, the richer and more robust the results will be for the end-users. By participating in this study, you will help your industry in producing collective data that can provide actionable information for you and your peers. The last time this study was conducted we had a very robust dataset in receiving completed surveys from over 1,000 distribution companies, representing nearly 9,500 locations.
Investing time in providing your company’s data will save a significant amount of time when you begin analyzing the results. This time savings comes from how the confidential Company-specific Compensation Reports (CCR) are produced. Your company’s own compensation information is displayed for you alongside the appropriate industry comparatives (all respondents, industry focus, annual sales volume, etc.) to make comparability and analysis as easy as possible. Instead of digging through files and making calculations as you dive into the report, all of your own information is reported directly next to the appropriate comparatives for any given datapoint.
What to expect during the process?
This study has been designed to make the process as easy as possible for respondents. The survey may be completed as a PDF, an Excel file, or an online form. The online survey is designed with auto-summing and “save and return” functionality to allow users to easily return to their respective survey forms and view or modify their responses as needed.
Throughout the survey process any questions regarding the survey instrument, how to complete the form, or the study in general can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 614.389.2100.
To assure confidentiality, this survey is conducted by Dublin, Ohio based Industry Insights, Inc.—an independent third-party research firm that currently serves more than 200 association clients. Since 1980, Industry Insights has been providing high quality research and educational services to trade and professional associations. Industry Insights processes over 100,000 survey forms each year and is highly sensitive to the confidential and proprietary interests of survey respondents.
Industry Insights understands that the confidentiality of your data is of the utmost importance. As such, we utilize industry standard internal controls and security procedures to ensure that all data confidentiality is maintained throughout the project. All survey responses are submitted directly to Industry Insights where they are kept in strict confidence.
- All information received from individual Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey participants will be treated in a strictly confidential manner and will not be disclosed to any individual, entity, organization or third-party outside of Industry Insights, Inc. except as required by law.
- Only the aggregated results are published in the final industry-wide Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report. Additionally, no individual company will be identified as a participant in the report.