Women in Industry Conference
Co-Presented by MHEDA and MHI
November 8, 2018 - Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare
$599 pp Early Bird Member Rate by September 21
$649 pp Member Rate after September 21
$999 pp Non-Member Rate
$99 pp Optional Networking and Dinner Event
Unleashing your power is a journey. So much to learn and so many stops along the way. MHEDA and MHI are partnering to present the 2nd Annual Women in Industry Conference.
We invite you to join us for day of interactive learning and networking with women who work in the material handling industry. Register today and begin your journey to personal and professional power!
Conference Take Aways
- Leverage the power of positivity in your professional and personal life.
- Create levity in the workplace with tools that will attract new clients and retain team members.
- Discover how to increase self-confidence.
- Recognize the impact of professional polish in communication, negotiating, and boundary setting.
- Hear from an Emmy Award-winning documentary filmmaker on how your voice matters.
- And so much more!
Who Should Attend
- Material Handling Executives, Owners, Presidents
- Operations Managers
- Marketing Managers
- HR Managers
- Sales Professionals
- Women who want to improve their leadership and communications skills.
Wednesday November 7
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Optional Event - BBQ & Birthday
Thursday November 8
7:00 am - 8:00 am - Registration & Breakfast
8:00 am - 8:15 am - Welcome
8:15 am - 9:30 am - Presentation: When the Chick Hits the Fan
9:45 am - 10:30 am - Member Panel
10:45 am - 12:00 pm - Presentation: Lighten Up and Lead
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Group Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Presentation: Confidence in the Workplace
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm -Career-Based Roundtable Discussions:
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm - Presentation: Be Bold
4:15 pm - 4:00 pm - Trivia Game & Wrap Up
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm - Happy Hour Reception (Included with your conference registration)
Topics and Presenters
When the Chick Hits the Fan
Presented by Tami Evans, Employee Engagement and Levity Leadership Expert
Just when you think you have the work/life balance thing all figured out, along comes career chaos, motherhood madness, and skinny jeans. How the hello kitty are we supposed to keep it all together? Wait! Don’t crawl under the covers! Join us as Tami Evans shares stories and insights to help know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em.
• Learn what to say when you need to have a challenging conversation.
• Gain advice on the right mindset when you encounter someone who sees the world differently than you.
• Leverage the power of positivity in your professional and personal life.
Lighten Up and Lead
Presented by Tami Evans, Employee Engagement and Levity Leadership Expert
Laugh and learn key characteristics to create levity in the workplace, with tools that help you reach your full potential through the power of fun. Engagement empowers employees to collaborate, create innovative solutions, and communicate confidently resulting in a positive impact on your bottom line.
• Learn tools to help improve communication and increase self-confidence.
• Discover how to help activate a positive workplace.
• Uncover insights on how to keep team members motivated, optimistic, energized.
Confidence in the Workplace
Presented by Debra Zabloudil, President, CEO and Founder of the Learning Studio
This program addresses what any aspiring female executive should know about excelling in the workplace, from effectively dealing with conflict, to understanding women’s unique attributes. Discuss the power of demonstrating a polished image in terms of what you say, how you say it, and your body language. These are all critical factors to gain and maintain a competitive edge, positive working relationships, and corporate success.
• Learn how to leverage your unique skills and assets in the workplace.
• Recognize the impact of professional polish in communication, negotiating, boundary setting and more.
• Understand how building and leveraging Emotional Intelligence can strengthen your professional success.
Presented by Sarah Moshman, Emmy Award-winning Documentary Filmmaker
Film-maker Sarah Moshman has an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to change the way the world perceives women. Sarah recounts her experience of making her first film, The Empowerment Project, which shines a light on extraordinary women across the US. Sarah then takes us through the once in-a lifetime journey of her second film Losing Sight of Shore which follows the true story of four women who set out to row across the Pacific Ocean.
• Explore how we are all extraordinary – we just have to unleash our potential.
• Learn why it is so important to share our experiences and our stories – our voices matter.
• Leave your comfort zone in pursuit of a better version of yourself.
Career-Based Roundtable Discussions
Roundtable discussions are interactive and engaging, giving you the opportunity to discuss what you have learned and share your own knowledge, opinions and experience. New in 2018: Roundtables will be based on different industry careers.
Facilitated by Shari Altergott, Vice President Customer Experience, Associated
Hear how fellow MHEDA and MHI Members are managing personal and professional challenges in a fast-paced world.
• Debora Smeeding, Territory Manager, MH Equipment
• Tracy Stachniak, Director of Human Resources and Training & Development, Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A.
• Kristen Sutherland, Director of Business Development, Stein Service & Supply
Two Networking Events
Optional Dinner Event – Wednesday, November 7
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us for a fun evening at Bub City and enjoy a BBQ dinner buffet, drinks and Give Back Project. Get to know fellow attendees while you create birthday party goodie bags for children in need.
Registration is $99 per person. Goodie bags are sponsored by MHEDA & MHI.
Happy Hour Reception - Thursday, November 8
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
End your Women in Industry Conference experience with a networking reception. After a busy day of learning, relax with your industry colleagues by enjoying drinks, appetizers.Included with your conference registration.
Reception Sponsored by
Give Back Opportunity: Open Books
We are collecting new and used books to donate to the organization “Open Books.” Open Books is a nonprofit social venture that provides literacy experiences for tens of thousands of readers each year through inspiring programs and the creative capitalization of books. Each week, they deliver thousands of books to schools and nonprofits across Chicagoland.
We welcome any sellable book in good condition. This includes fiction, nonfiction, craft books, cookbooks, children’s books, and more! We also accept LPs, CDs, and DVDs in good playable condition.
Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O’Hare
5550 N River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Special Discounted Rate: $189 per night.
Call 1-888-452-6943 and inform the reservationist that you would like to make a reservation under the Group Code: MHED.
Rate is available until September 28th or until room block fills up.
Book a Room On-Line
The Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O’Hare is located just minutes from Chicago’s O’Hare airport. Within walking distance of the hotel, The Park at Rosemont offers dining, entertainment and a seasonal courtyard. Enjoy newly renovated guest rooms flooded with natural light. Start your day with an invigorating workout in the fully equipped 24-hour Life Fitness© fitness center. Unwind in the heated indoor swimming pool, which showcases panoramic views of the downtown Chicago skyline. Relax with a refreshing beverage in the Liberty Tavern Lounge or pick up your favorite hot drink and a snack to-go in our full-service Starbucks cafe. Hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service from O’Hare airport.
Call MHEDA at 847-680-3500 or email email@example.com.
NOTE: By registering for the Women in Industry Conference, MHEDA and MHI have the right to use your photo, which may be taken during the event, for future promotional material. If you have a disability or require special accommodations, please contact us. We will do our best to accommodate you.