MHEDA offers several tools to help members effectively on-board new employees. These tools are exclusively for members. If you are not a member, join now to gain access to these valuable member benefits!
Why engage in a structured on-boarding process?
- 86 percent of CPMA respondents felt that a new hire’s decision to stay with a company long-term is made within the first six months of employment.
- One-third of approximately 1,000 respondents took a survey by BambooHR and said they had quit a job within six months of starting it.
- Of those respondents who left within the first six months,
- 23% said “receiving clear guidelines to what my responsibilities were” would have helped them stay on the job.
- 21% said they wanted “more effective training,”
- 17% said an introduction to a helpful co-worker would have made all the difference.
- The cost of losing an employee in the first year is estimated to be at least three times salary.
- 22% of turnover occurs in the first 45 days of employment.
Free On-Boarding Template
MHEDA partnered with Communication Performance Management Associates (CPMA) to provide a FREE On-Boarding template designed specifically for MHEDA members. This fully customizable Excel spreadsheet, a $2,500 value, is designed to allow you to edit it to fit your company’s needs. The template is yours and you are not required to maintain the original format. It’s a dynamic document and we’re excited to provide it to member companies at no charge.
Plus, Andy McNulty of Communication Performance Management Associates, author of the spreadsheet, has agreed to provide MHEDA members with basic-level support to ensure ease of use. Contact Andy for support at 513-252-6552 or email@example.com.Order and Download Template (requires member login)
If you have trouble downloading the template, please contact LuAnn Alm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-680.3500 to request a copy.
Online Courses in the Learning Management System (LMS)
On-Boarding: What do we do with the new hire?
presented by Andy McNulty, Founding Partner, Communication Performance Management Associates
A high turnover rate of new employees is not the employees’ fault – it is the employers’ fault. An effective on-boarding program creates an environment where employees are 69% more likely to stay beyond three years and not just stay, but stay and actually be productive. This presentation explains why you should have a structured on-boarding program, steps to get started, and practical examples of how the process is used.
Forklift Bootcamp 5 Part Series
presented by Dave Baiocchi, President, Resonant Dealer Services LLC
New employees will have the best chance to succeed if they first gain a basic understanding of our industry, our products, and our terminology. Forklift Bootcamp is a series of 5 parts that gives the industry background needed to start out right. The course is available as a complete 5 part series or individual sessions.
Women in Industry Mentoring
Mentoring is a powerful personal development and empowerment tool. It is an effective way of helping people to progress in their careers and is becoming increasingly popular across all career fields and industries. Mentees will benefit from networking with an established professional and receiving honest feedback and advice in key areas such as communication and leadership skills.Learn More